CDC Issues New Guidance For Opening Schools
The CDC has come out with new guidance on how everything in life should be approached. Including, getting the kids back to school.
Here is the link to the 60 page document that lays out all of it. Yes, it's 60 pages. Here is, in bullet point form, the "guidance" that the CDC is giving to schools in order to reopen.
- Face coverings/masks should be worn by all staff and are encouraged for students over the age of 2.
- Limit sharing of toys, games, electronic devices.
- Space desks at least 6 feet apart and have them all face the same direction.
- Create social distance between children on school buses. As an example, one child per seat in every other row.
- Install sneeze guards.
- Close communal spaces such as game rooms or dining halls.
- If food is offered, have pre-packaged boxes or bags fro each attendee instead of a buffet or family style meal.
- Cancel all field trips, inter-group events, and extracurricular activities.
- Restrict mixing between groups. (In other words, the classroom your child is in, they will be in that with the same people all day)
- Stagger arrival and drop-off times.
Plus of course within those 60 pages there is plenty of talk about washing hands. In fact, the word wash shows up 22 times. Sanitize is in there 12 times. Clean is in there 44 times. Children are difficult to stay clean. So to all the teachers and school staff that will need to enforce these guidelines as the kids return to school. Thank you for your work to do everything you can to teach and keep our children clean and safe.