Fall Leaf Collection In the Quad Cities
We've had a couple of windy weekends in the Quad Cities. That means that a lot of those beautiful, colorful leaves are now on the grass and need to be raked, bagged, and disposed of.
With that in mind, here's what you need to know about leaf collection in the Quad Cities:
- Bettendorf - Stickers not necessary through November 30. Yard waste will be collected on your garbage pick up day. Residents may also take waste to the Davenport compost facility.
- Colona - Yard waste is picked up Wednesday. Must be in a paper yard waste bag with a yard waste sticker on each bag.
- Davenport - No yard waste sticker necessary through November 30. Yard waste will be picked up on your garbage day. Yard waste still needs to be in a Kraft ply bag. Residents may also take waste to the city compost facility.
- East Moline - Yard waste is picked up on your garbage day. No sticker is necessary during the month of November. Yard waste needs to be in a biodegradable paper bag or have a brush tie.
- Eldridge - Yard waste collection runs through November 29. Curbside collection happens on Mondays. You can also take yard waste to the city shop on Wednesdays and Sundays through December 1.
- Milan - Yard waste in your garbage can placed at the curb by 7AM CT on your collection day. Lid opening must face the street.
- Moline - Yard Waste is collected on your garbage day. Yard Waste carts will be provided by the city. Cost of a cart is $79.96. An annual administrative fee of $100 will also be charged.
- Rock Island - Free leaf collection for it's residential refuse customers. Collection occurs on garbage day through December 7. Free leaf collection bags are also available.
KWQC has more details about Quad Cities leaf collection here.