Get Scared Around the Quad Cities for Halloween
If you're intrigued by ghosts and things that go bump in the night here are a few things you can do as Halloween approaches:
- Ghost Tales on the grounds of the Colonel Davenport House - The Colonel Davenport Historical Foundation presents "Ghost Tales" with spooky stories told by local storytellers on the grounds of the Colonel Davenport House on Arsenal Island at 7PM CT on Saturday, September 29. Rock Island Paranormal will be there too. This is a family friendly event. Adults $6, seniors $4, under 12 / active military are admitted free. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Refreshments will be available.
- The Darker Side of Davenport Ghost Tours - The German American Heritage Center and Museum presents the Darker Side of Davenport Ghost Tours.This is a downtown Davenport walking tour that takes 90 minutes and explores the haunts, murders and mysteries Davenport holds. Tours are being held Friday and Saturday throughout October. Tours are $6 a person.
- What's Really Haunting Hauberg? A Halloween Scavenger Hunt - The Hauberg Estate is haunted. But buy whom? And why are there bones in the basement? Bring your friends and search the house for clues to solve the puzzle! This interactive event is happening October 12 and October 13. Costumes are encouraged and the ability to navigate stairs are required to fully participate in the event. Tickets are $35 in advance, $45 at the door. This interactive experience includes a buffet dinner and a cash bar will be open for those 21 and up. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- East Moline Public Library Haunted House - The East Moline Public Library has been turned into a disturbing Haunted House for this event on Sunday October 21st. There will be kids activities from 2PM - 4PM CT, a lights on walk through of the Haunted House for small children from 4PM - 5PM CT and then the evening haunted house from 7PM -9PM CT. The evening haunted house is not recommended for children under ten. Admission is free.
- Extended Paranormal Investigation of the Hauberg Mansion - The Rock Island Paranormal Investigative Team will conduct a full investigation of the mansion using their professional techniques and equipment. You can be there to observe! There is an eight and a four hour session you can sign up for. Tickets for the four hour session 9PM - 1AM CT on October 27 are $20.