Hy-Vee is Making More Safety Changes in Stores
Grocery shopping as we know it has become a lot more nerve-wracking, but stores like Hy-Vee are stepping up to help prevent COVID-19 spread.
The chain has already suspended their hot food and salad bars, banned the use of reusable bags, and added plexiglass in checkout lanes, among other measures, and they're continuing to ramp up safety measures.
KCCI Des Moines reports the store has implemented the following new changes:
- Checkout workers will sanitize the conveyor belt between uses.
- Signs have been posted asking to limit trips to one shopper per household.
- Arrows and one-way signs are being used throughout the store.
- Signs posted asking for one shopper per cart.
- Employees have been asked to wear a mask, although it's not mandatory as of right now.