Hy-Vee is Recalling Some Popular Meat and Potato Items
Hy-Vee is voluntarily recalling six of its meat and potato products across its eight-state region which includes the Quad Cities for possible contamination with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. The potential for contamination was discovered after Hy-Vee’s supplier, McCain Foods, announced it was recalling its caramelized mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes, which are ingredients that are used in six Hy-Vee products. To date, no illnesses have been reported in connection with these products.
Out of an abundance of caution, Hy-Vee is recalling the following products from all of its stores:
- Hy-Vee Bacon Wrapped Cowgirl Chicken Grillers – 8 ounce each
UPC Code 023092600000
- Hy-Vee Fire Roasted Tomato, Spinach, Mozzarella Twice Baked Potato – 5 ounce each
UPC Code 023755400000
- Hy-Vee Cowgirl Chicken Griller Patty – 6 ounce each
UPC Code 023100200000
- Hy-Vee Gourmet Steakhouse Mushroom & Swiss Burger – 6 ounce each
UPC Code 023168400000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 2 ounce each
UPC Code 023164300000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 12 count, 30 ounces
UPC Code 023266600000
All impacted products have a “Best If Used By” date of Oct. 22, 2018, or sooner.
Customers who purchased any of these products with these dates should not consume them. Customers are being asked to discard these items or return them to their local Hy-Vee store for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Hy-Vee Customer Care representatives 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-772-4098.