Is Your Home Prepped for Winter?
We told you about how you can prep your car for winter travel, but is your home ready for winter? Last night's snowfall in the QCA is a good reminder to make sure you're ready for snowy weather.
Here's a complete list prepared by the US National Weather Service of the Quad Cities.
- Non-perishable foods like granola bars, nuts, dried fruit (see complete list below)
- Disposable dish ware and utensils
- Medication, baby formula
- Portable radios, weather radios and batteries
- Warm clothing, coats, mittens, scarves
- Extra blankets
- Shovel, snowblower
- First Aid kits
- Cell phone fully charged, extra battery chargers
- Firewood for fireplaces
- Games to keep the family busy during a power outage
Here's a list of food to keep on hand:
- Canned fruits and vegetables and a manual can opener
- Crackers, nuts, fruit bars, chips
- Cookies and hard candy
- Bread and condiments
- Cereal and toaster pastries
- Meals ready to eat (MRE)
- Bottled water-1 gallon per person per day for 3 days
Take a look at our blog about keeping your car ready for bad weather right here.