Moline and Rock Island Students Can Potentially Go To U of I For FREE Next Year
Yes, you read that headline right. The University of Illinois has announced a HUGE change to its tuition prices for 2019 – there are none for some students.
According to the school's site, this is a deal for in-state students, so Moline and Rock Island will qualify! If your family has a joint income of $61,000 or less, they will waive tuition and fees for all four years. This is HUGE news. U of I is one of the biggest school in Illinois, and of course, it's expensive. I even considered going there, but found cheaper tuition elsewhere.
The official requirements listed online are:
- You're an Illinois resident (parents listed on the FAFSA are also Illinois residents)
- Your family income is $61,000 or less
- Your family's assets are less than $50,000
- You're admitted as a new freshman or transfer student
- You're under the age of 24
I seriously wish this was a deal when I was a student. Best of luck to your students!