Ready for an Iowa Holiday Lights Roadtrip?
We have some fantastic light displays in the Quad Cities, but if you'd like to amp up your light experience, take a look at the holiday lights across the state of Iowa.
Travel Iowa has compiled this list of displays across the entire state. If you want to start close to the Quad Cities, head north to Clinton and follow the trail.
1. Symphony of Lights, Eagle Point Park, Clinton is a one mile loop of holiday displays. It's open thru Dec. 30.
2. Reflections in the Park, Dubuque, Iowa in Louis Murphy Park is illuminated with nearly 80 light displays. and it's open until 10 pm every night thru Jan. 3. You might even get a glimpse of Santa.
3. Holiday Lights, Magical Nights, Decorah, Iowa in Pulpit Rock Campground. There you can drive through the 'tunnel of lights.' It's open thru Dec. 27.
Now it's time to head south on our Iowa holiday light display trip. The next display is in West Union.
4. West Union Festival of Lights, West Union, Iowa in the West Union Recreational Complex. There's an enchanted forest that wraps around a nearby pond. It's open thru Jan. 1.
5. Lights in the Park, Sumner, Iowa in the Sumner City Park until 9 pm every night thru Dec. 31
6. Waverly Light Display, Waverly, Iowa at a residence 103 Eliasen Ave. You'll find a synchronized choreographed music program that makes the lights dance. The display is free, but they do take donations for St. Jude Children's Hospital.
There are more amazing light displays throughout Iowa. Take a look at this list compiled by Travel Iowa. Turn up the holiday music and enjoy!
CHECK THEM OUT: 100 years of Christmas toys, gifts and fads