Rock Island School District To Begin School Year E-Learning
With the 2020/2021 school year coming quick for families around the Quad Cities, parents are looking to each district to see what they plan to do. In Rock Island - Milan, the year will start the same way the previous year ended. At home.
In a statement from the schools, the year will start on August 6th with full remote learning followed by a blended plan (part remote, part in person) set for September 8 pending health concerns.
Read the full statement here:
The Rock Island-Milan Board of Education approved Superintendent Dr. Lawrence's Return to Learn School Year plan to begin the 2020-21 school year with Full Remote Learning.The plan calls for:
- Keeping the 2020-21 calendar intact and beginning the school year on August 3rd with Full Remote Learning Plan
- Using August 3rd-5th as Remote Learning Planning Days
- Students to begin remote learning on August 6th with Full Remote Learning Plan
- Students and staff transition to Blended Learning Plan (in-person and remote) on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, pending city-wide health concerns
- Following all Governor, Illinois Department of Public Health and Illinois State Board of Education regulationsA detailed draft of the plan will be posted on the website for parents, students and staff to review.Community sessions will be planned the week of July 27 for parents and students to ask questions and address concerns.CHROMEBOOKS: For those families that checked out Chromebooks and hotspots last quarter, they will not be collected at this time. Please watch for updates.
KEEP READING: See states hit hardest by COVID-19’s impact on tourism