Save Some Money On Your AC Bill
Normally I'm here to share a funny story or a joke or something fun and outrageous from around the world, this time however I'm here to report something that can help all of you especially around this time of year!
The last few days have been one heck of a wild ride when it comes to the weather, we have had terrible heat and humidity that reached dangerous levels all across the country but with us being in Iowa we got hit extra hard thanks to corn sweat (yes it is a real thing) and long story short it made our humidity even more humid. So with all that heat we crank up our AC unit in hopes of some relief and I have a few tips for you on how to save a few dollars while doing it.
I have taken this list from the original article which you can find HERE.
1. If you haven't cleaned the filter on your air conditioner since last year, it's costing you more than it should to run it.
2. Make sure you're using all your fans. They're way cheaper to run, so use them to circulate the cold air. And set them to run counter-clockwise in the summer.
3. Make sure you're not blocking air vents with furniture. And make sure your thermostat is in a good spot. If the sun hits it or it's in a room that's warmer, the A/C will keep running even when the rest of your place is cool.
4. Stop cooling down rooms you're not using. If you have an extra bedroom, keep the door closed. And if there's an air vent in there, keep that closed too.
5. Keep your blinds and curtains closed. Your air conditioner has to work a lot harder if the sun's blasting in through the windows.
So there you have it a few tips to make this heat just a bit more bearable.