Six Steps to Having a Perfect Bedtime Routine
If you have trouble adjusting to Daylight Savings this week, you might want to start trying to prepare your body for sleep at night.
Two sleep experts recently came up with a six-step routine that takes about 30 minutes. That's how long they say you need to relax and mentally prepare for bed. Here are the six steps, which take about five minutes each:
- 30 minutes before bed – Make a to-do list for the next day. Just jot stuff down, so you don't lie in bed thinking about it.
- 25 minutes before bed – Stop using all electronics. That includes your phone, computer, and TV. The blue light they give off tricks your body into staying awake.
- 20 minutes before bed – Brush your teeth. It's also the best time to take off make-up and wash your face.
- 15 minutes before bed – Take a quick shower and make sure it's a hot shower.
- 10 minutes before bed – Use the bathroom. Then you don't have to get up and go in the middle of the night.
- 5 minutes before bed – Stop talking and let your brain start to wind down. Once you get in bed, your body should be ready to fall asleep.
Read more at New York Post.