The State of Iowa Is Looking for Plow Kings
Have you ever had dreams of being "The Plow King" like Barney Gumble was on the Simpsons? If you have, The Iowa Department of Transportation may have a job for you. They're looking to recruit 600 qualified drivers to keep our roads clean this season.
What makes one a qualified driver according to the Iowa Department of Transportation?
- Must possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) upon hire.
- Applicants with a commercial instruction permit will be required to obtain a valid Class A or B CDL within 30 calendar days of being hired.
- Required CDL endorsements will be determined by the appointing authority.
- Commercial Driver's License must be obtained and maintained.
- Pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and participate in a random drug and alcohol testing program after hire.
Besides those qualifications you'll be operating snow and ice removal equipment like "end loaders, single or tandem axle dump trucks that may be equipped with tailgate or hopper spreaders, straight blades or V-plows, snowplow wing blades and underside ice blades." So actually, there's a lot that goes into being a safe plow operator for the State of Iowa. If this sounds like a great seasonal job for you the job description and application button is here.