UnityPoint Health – Trinity Ups Visitor Limitations
UnityPoint Health Trinity is increasing its visitor limitations once again due to the resurgence of the COVID-19 cases in the Quad Cities.
According to a press release on Wednesday, UnityPoint Health -Trinity said that they are currently elevating their visitor limitations. They looking at their visitor limitations to continue to protect patients and health care workers. This review comes because of an increase in COVID-19 cases in the Quad Cities.
According to the press release, as of Thursday, July 16th, visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below at all hospital and inpatient locations of UnityPoint Health - Trinity:
- Obstetric patients may have one partner and one birth support person accompany them.
- Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life, or discussing end-of-life care decisions, may have two visitors.
- Patients who are discussing palliative care decisions may have one visitor.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor, parent, or guardian.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor stay in the surgical waiting area or ambulatory room until the procedure is finished. After speaking with the surgeon following the procedure, the visitor must leave the hospital as soon as possible.
- Patients who have an appointment at a hospital-based clinic, laboratory, or radiology, as well as those visiting the Emergency Room (ER), may have one person with them.
UnityPoint Health - Trinity says that visitors who are allowed based on the exceptions above must remain in the patient's room. Visitors must also wear a mask the entire visit, even while in the patient's room. When a visitor leaves the patient's room, they must leave the hospital.
UnityPoinity Health - Trinity will not allow any visitors for patients with pending or positive COVID-19 test. For more details on UnityPoint Health - Trinity's new visitor limitations, visit their website here.