Figge Art Museum Will Reopen June 9th
The Figge Art Museum has announced that they are planning to reopen the art museum at the beginning on June. In their announcement, they say that the art museum will open to members only on Saturday, June 6th, and to the public on Tuesday, June 9th.
After Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds' announced on May 20th that more reopenings were allowed across the state,including museums, the Figge Art Museum in Davenport announced their plans to reopen.
According to the art museums announcement, the plan to reopen to members only on June 6th and June 7th. The museum will reopen to the public on June 9th. Officials at the museum say that their are new policy changes to stay in compliance with the CDC guidelines and to make sure visitors and staff are practicing social distancing.
The art museum says that admission to the museum will be free through the month of June. Reservations are required to limit the number of people in the museum. Visitors that want to visit the museum and make a reservations are allowed at the museum for only 90 minutes.
The following time slots are open for reservations:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- 11 a.m., 1 p.m. or 3 p.m.
- Museum hours: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Museum hours: 11 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
*11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. on all days is reserved for those that are vulnerable or high risk.
Other policy changes at the Figge Art Museum include:
- Visitors must arrive and enter through the Figge’s 2nd Street entrance off the Bechtel Plaza at your scheduled time.
- Early arrivals will not be permitted in the museum or on the plaza.
- Masks are required for all visitors age 3 and older, and masks must be worn over mouth and nose
- Visitors must check in at the Visitors Service desk and your name is what you need to access the museum.
- Children under 12 must stay with their parent(s) or guardian(s) at all times.
- The museum asks visitors to use the hand sanitizing stations available on each level and to wash hands frequently, and visitors should avoid touching their face.
- The museum asks visitors to observe posted signage throughout the museum with instructions for visitors health and safety.
- The museum also asks visitors to practice social distancing during their visit by keeping 6 feet apart from other guests.
If you would like to visit the Figge Art Museum, you can make your reservations on the Figge Art Museum website, or by calling 563-345-6632.