Million Dollar Powerball Winner in Illinois
While we've all been focused on the nearly $550 million up for grabs in tomorrow's Mega Millions drawing; one person who bought a Powerball ticket in Springfield won a million dollars!
The unknown winner bought the ticket at a Shell station on David Jones Parkway with the winning numbers 8-23-27-42-60. The ticket, by the way, was a quick pick. That means the machine spitting the ticket out randomly picked the winning numbers for the buyer.
That answers one of my questions. I've long gotten over playing specific numbers. They never came up anyway. Not that my quick pick numbers come up all that often to make me feel good about my purchase either, but why do the extra work? It's nice to see a quick pick winner.
Another question, do you like to get your tickets from a place that's sold winning tickets or not? If you think certain stores are "lucky" because winning tickets have been sold there, here's a few places you can purchase that Mega Millions ticket for tomorrow night's drawing:
- Casey's, 222 W. Front Street, Buffalo, Iowa
- Murphy USA, 5805 Elmore Avenue, Davenport, Iowa
- Golden Mart, 1026 West River Drive, Davenport, Iowa
- KwiK Star, 2850 W. Locust Street, Davenport, Iowa
- Kum & Go, 416 Cedar Street, Muscatine, Iowa
- Casey's, LeClaire, Iowa
- Circle K, 1827 18th Avenue, East Moline, Illinois
- Casey's, 1105 W 10th Street, Milan, Illinois
- Express Lane, 4123 Kennedy Drive, East Moline, Illinois
- Beck Oil, 401 E. Second Street, Kewanee, Illinois
- Manarys 41 Street, 1300 41st Street, Moline, Illinois
- Hy-Vee, 2030 E. Main Street, Galesburg, Illinois
I'd like to know, how do you play the lottery? Do you have any superstitions? Comment below!